Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I have to go to a dentist?

(8 Posts)
msrisotto Tue 11-Aug-09 11:22:31

Over the past couple of days I have noticed that when I walk, the step I take with my right foot reverberates into a tooth in the right hand side of my mouth. It's not really painful but it is noticable and the tooth is kind of sore right now when i'm just sitting down.
Dammit, I've got to go don't I?

AMumInScotland Tue 11-Aug-09 11:28:56

I think you know you do.....

It's not going to get better on its own, so you'd best just make the appointment!

msrisotto Tue 11-Aug-09 14:23:07

booger, i know you're right, but i don't have to like it!

olivo Tue 11-Aug-09 17:09:20

is it defintiely your tooth? i had something similar and it was a sinus infection.
<clutching at straws for you> grin

msrisotto Tue 11-Aug-09 17:13:26

You know, you might be totally on to something there. I've had a cold which has only just gone away. My sinuses were really really painful and my right nostril is still blocked and i have sinus pain from my eye down my nose to the tooth.
So, GP or dentist?

msrisotto Tue 11-Aug-09 17:14:28

BTW, thank you kindly for clutching at straws with me, I hate people prodding around my teeth.

olivo Tue 11-Aug-09 20:32:19

i'd go the dr but i'm a big wuss at the dentist! if you do the head tipping thing, can you feel the sinuses? could you try a decongestant first?

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Tue 11-Aug-09 20:32:29

I had this about 2 months ago, lasted a week, can't remember if I had a cold or not before hand but it went on its own.

It was a very strange feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now