Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I feel the best people to diagnose me are a group of strangers on the internet. So what's wrong with me?

(5 Posts)
bran Tue 11-Aug-09 10:10:29

On Saturday I caught a mild cold, slightly suffy nose and a slight sore throat. Yesterday afternoon my throat started to feel very sore and by the evening I was throwing up, not because I was nauseous but from a gag reflex. I do have a stronger than normal gag reflex and this feels as though there is something sticking down the left side of my throat.

This morning I was retching a bit, but constant Strepsil sucking seems to be helping. I'm feeling a bit washed-out, but that's probably just down to not sleeping very well. I don't have a temperature or any aches and pains so it's not flu. I have a bit of a cough, but again I think it's gag reflex rather than anything chesty or bronchial.

Is it tonsilitis or just a worse than usual sore throat?

ShauntheSheep Tue 11-Aug-09 10:38:04

Sounds a bit like what I have at the minute and I feel like crap tho am getting better today. there are loads of horrible bug cold type things going round atm.

ZZZenAgain Tue 11-Aug-09 10:46:22

Idon't know bran but quite a few Mners who had suspected swine flu have mentioned that they had a very sore throat with it.

skihorse Tue 11-Aug-09 10:55:53

Plague. Swine flu is so ovah - it's all about the plague now.

bran Tue 11-Aug-09 11:18:32

grin at the plague.

I think I've already had the piggy flu ZZZ, I did have a sore throat with that and also a temperature but no cold symptoms.

I'm glad you're feeling better StheS. It probably is just a cold gone bad, I will take it easy and let the house go to rack and ruin as normal for a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now