Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tests not back - most likely explanation?

(4 Posts)
LightShinesInTheDarkness Mon 10-Aug-09 10:13:47

DH and I worry terribly about our health, get ourselves in a real state, but that is another thread.

DH had to give a urine sample as he has had some kidney pain and phoned for the results today, but was told by the receptionist that they are not back yet, even though it only usually takes 2/3 days. Its been a week now.

We are worried this means something bad, they have had to do extra tests/cultures.

Does anyone work in a GP who can say what the most likely explanation is for the delay, please?

LIZS Mon 10-Aug-09 10:20:07

maybe someone is on holiday at the lab and they aren't processing as quickly . We have to allow about 5 days here. Maybe he phoned too early in the day for them to have been delivered, sorted and logged or they have been misfiled ? If there was a real concern they'd have called him back straight away.

LittleMissTuffet Mon 10-Aug-09 11:48:28

If it was something bad they had found you would have heard sooner rather than later. My GP says the lab phone her and she phones the patient in cases like that. The sample/results could have been misplaced - get the receptionist to chase or give another sample.

LightShinesInTheDarkness Mon 10-Aug-09 12:19:02

Thanks. Maybe they have lost them then, as you say they would have called us if they had been tested and there was a problem.

I hate the worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now