Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diabetes fasting blood test

(6 Posts)
giraffesCanRunA10k Sun 09-Aug-09 13:35:14

When is it you aren't to eat from? Is it mignight the night before? Thanks.

nellie12 Sun 09-Aug-09 13:36:20

yes its midnight. but you can have drinks without milk in (or sugar). hope the results are ok.

josiejo79 Sun 09-Aug-09 13:40:00

Mine was 10pm the day before i had the blood test, but the guidelines probably vary slightly from hospital to hospital.

duchesse Sun 09-Aug-09 13:54:44

My hospital said nothing to eat or drink after midnight, and only one cup of black tea or coffee or a glass of water before the test itself. Good luck. The test was nasty (due to silly midwife repeatedly missing veins and therefore jabbing me far more than needed), but my results were fine.

josiejo79 Sun 09-Aug-09 13:59:31

The worst bit for me was drinking loads of Lucozade very quickly and then waiting for ages for them to do another blood test.

giraffesCanRunA10k Sun 09-Aug-09 15:32:54

Cool thanks. I am sure its all fine but when I was in day surgery my BM was 3, 14, 5 and then they let me home when it was 6.1

They made me eat lots to try and get it up. And because they asked if I pee alot and i said yes they have sent me for a test. I mainly wee loads at night though - I probably just drink too much, sometimes I go to wee and its not even loads of wee so I really don't think I am diabetic but will go anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now