Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How to heal cracked soles?

(13 Posts)
MrsMcJnr Sat 08-Aug-09 22:24:23

I live in Spain so am bare foot/in flip flops a lot. My heals are cracking as they are so dry and no matter how much cream I put on them, they are not getting softer or better. Any tips? thanks smile

foxinsocks Sat 08-Aug-09 22:25:55

you see, if they were soft, you wouldn't be able to walk barefoot so much!

when I lived in a hot country, my feet were as hard as nails as I was barefoot so much

all you can do is keep pasting the cream on. Are you using strong enough stuff?

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 08-Aug-09 22:26:48

Flexitol.

hf128219 Sat 08-Aug-09 22:27:31

Badger Balm

GlastonburyGoddess Sat 08-Aug-09 22:27:43

rub banana skin(the inside of) on them everyday. no really, it works.

KnickKnack Sat 08-Aug-09 22:28:18

loads of pure aloe vera gel with a few drops of tea tree oil (used this during last patch of hot sunny barefoot weather and worked a treat)

whomovedmychocolate Sat 08-Aug-09 22:29:38

I used a generic emollient cream and wrapped my feet in clingfilm every night for a week - worked for me.

But as foxinsocks says you won't be able to walk barefoot so much - I used to dance and now rarely wear shoes unless actually going out somewhere so have hard, but not cracked feet.

I got very cracked heels in pregnancy though hence the foot wraps. You also have to pumice the excess skin off!

malfoy Sat 08-Aug-09 22:29:57

My chiropodist says flip flops in general are a nightmare for cracked heels.

He recommended a flexitol type cream + pumice stone. However so far for me it has not made much of a difference.

Jux Sat 08-Aug-09 22:31:25

Flexitol

bluebump Sat 08-Aug-09 22:33:56

I bought some foot cream from the Upper supermarket in Spain for my cracked heals and I swear within a week they feel much softer, even if they are still there a bit, they certainly don't hurt any more. It was just some 1.90 euro ish 'crema reparadora degrietas para pies' It contains urea according to the front (i'm copying that from the packet, I'm not entirely sure what it means grin)

MrsMcJnr Sun 09-Aug-09 21:59:38

Thank you all for all your tips, I shall try them.

Whomovedmychocolate – funny you should mention pregnancy. I have a new baby of 8 weeks old and have never had cracked feet before this pregnancy!

Malfoy – I’m not having much luck with my pumice stone either, dirt seems ingrained in the cracks sad so ugly!

Thanks Bluebump, I shall look for that cream smile

CloudDragon Sun 09-Aug-09 22:20:06

bananas skins really works!

Anushka Mon 10-Aug-09 16:00:18

I went to the chiropodist who said to tape up (with micropore tape) any deep cracks in the day so they didn't split open any further and get really sore. Then at night really lather on the cream.

Definiately helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now