Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had a recurrent larynx problem like laryngitis? because I am fed up of losing my voice now grrr

(7 Posts)
foxinsocks Sat 08-Aug-09 21:31:41

it just won't go away

I wake up every day totally hoarse (which I know is an acid reflux thing) but my poor larynx just never seems to recover

I had to brief some people at work on Friday and ended up completely losing my voice after about 5 minutes.

I am on omeprazole again but even then, my throat is still not recovering.

Have you just stopped talking to let it get better? I'm starting to wonder if that would work (children would be delighted!).

StinkyFart Sat 08-Aug-09 21:40:13

fis I recently had reason to google symptoms of thyroid troubles and a hoarse voice was a symptom

just a thought

foxinsocks Sat 08-Aug-09 21:42:28

oh really? that's interesting. No-one has ever mentioned that to me! I am seeing the ENT in September (for sinus issues) so I am going to ask him then. I had a blood test done recently (as have had anaemia problems) but I'm guessing they won't have looked for a thyroid issue unless told to iyswim.

it does seem odd to me that I just cannot shake it off. I'm not ill either, just have a permanently hoarse voice.

StinkyFart Sat 08-Aug-09 21:44:18

about half way down, under symptoms

HTH

foxinsocks Sat 08-Aug-09 21:48:41

thanks. That's very interesting as I also have high cholesterol which is another of their symptoms. Will ask about it.

StinkyFart Sat 08-Aug-09 21:52:48

smile

:bruno:

wink

foxinsocks Sat 08-Aug-09 21:53:42

lol grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now