Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful sex 6 months post-natal

(5 Posts)
swopsies Sat 08-Aug-09 08:06:22

and not by choice as part of a fetish!

I had a 2nd degree tear which was very sore but healed ok, no infections etc. I said at the time I thought they had stitched me a little too well and joked about having had free plastic surgery.

At 10 weeks we had sex and it hurt like hell. Left it a bit longer, still hurt. Tried to do it a bit more frequently as had been told the scar tissue does stretch a little eventually but I am in agony everytime and it feels like I'm too small for DH now iykwim. It seems to be getting worse not better as we tried again last night and I had to stop it.

Will it get any easier?

or do I never have sex again!!!???

Picante Sat 08-Aug-09 08:08:23

You should definitely mention it to your gp it's not supposed to hurt.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 09-Aug-09 23:51:09

Do not put up with this. Go to your GP asap and ask to be referred to a gynae. Poor stitching post childbirth is a common complication. You also had a second degree tear originally and it needs further attention asap.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 10-Aug-09 00:00:01

Have you had a...erm...feel to see if there's a mild prolapse?? You should feel nothing, if you feel a ring then it's a prolapse and he's (sorry) 'bumping' into it. (again, sorry) Have you tried using a pillow under your bum to see if this helps??

It's not supposto hurt. It sounds like a traumatic birth. Your GP can help.

wishingchair Mon 10-Aug-09 10:20:42

It isn't supposed to hurt but likewise this can have absolutely nothing to do with poor stitching or traumatic birth. I had this following birth of DD1 (fairly sizeable tear) and it was due to my body creating too much scar tissue. I was referred and had a Fenton's Op ... which is where they lasered off the excess scar tissue and actually they did a slight cut as well. It healed fine this time and no more painful sex.

I then went on to have another DC and no tears or stitches.

Go to GP asap and get referred ... it is such a simple procedure and it'll all feel soooo much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now