Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Grumling Appendix??

(5 Posts)
ConnorTraceptive Fri 07-Aug-09 15:48:14

Yesterday I developed an horrendous stomach ache around my belly button area. Came on quite suddenly and got progressively worse. Managed to get into see GP who said he couldn't make a diagnosis based on my symptoms and suggested gaviscon.

I tried that to no avail and the pain felt unbearable so went to out of hours dr's who basically said the same. So came home and tried to sleep. I was so uncomfortable so took some paracetemol which I promply threw up and basically spend a restless night in pain and unable to sleep.

I must have drifted off in the early hours and woke up this moring feeling rough but the pain was much much better. I haven't had an appetite at all today and have had a bit of the runs blush I still have a dull aching feeling but now more on the right hand side.

Not sure what to do now. I really don't think it's a bug or food poisening as the pain was really like nothing I've ever felt.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 07-Aug-09 15:51:27

Do you have a temp?

I'd go to A&E to be honest, it does sound like your appendix.

ConnorTraceptive Fri 07-Aug-09 16:40:55

No temp, am just wondering because the pain is much better will they think I'm wasting time. If it was appendix wouldn't the pain just get worse?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 07-Aug-09 18:05:55

If it's getting better and there's no fever then keep an eye on things and see how it goes. The appendix is a little sod, some just do this.
Do call NHS direct if you are worried. A&E take abdo pain seriously though so I'd be tempted to go there if it gets any worse.

ConnorTraceptive Fri 07-Aug-09 18:15:51

Thanks fluffy if it flares up again i'll try a&e rather than out of hours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now