Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

prolapse

(9 Posts)
starshaker Wed 25-May-05 08:39:55

dont know what to do. my mum has what i think is a prolapse and she wont go to the docs. she says she cant as the doc is my wee sis best friends dad and my mum now knows him as a friend aswell and is too embarassed. really worried and was wandering if any1 had more info on it or advice for my mum

triceratops Wed 25-May-05 08:49:47

She could go to a clinic instead maybe? It needs to be checked. My mum had a prolapse last year and had it operated on and is now 100% better. There was a huge waiting list though so she had to go private. She said it was quite painful and debilitating so it really is worth fixing.

Cam Wed 25-May-05 08:52:18

Your mum can ask to see another doctor (woman?) in the practice

starshaker Wed 25-May-05 08:56:10

its only a very small village and there is only 1 doctor in the practice

throckenholt Wed 25-May-05 08:58:06

agree- get her to go see another gp - it really isn't something she should ignore.

And maybe she should change her gp anyway - if she can't go to him for personal things then he isn't going to be much good as her gp ! Keep him as a friend and get a new gp.

lockets Wed 25-May-05 09:00:54

Message withdrawn

starshaker Wed 25-May-05 09:10:42

thanx will tell her the only prob is other surgeries wont take people where mum is. will try and get her to go to a clinic even if i have to make the appointment myself and drag her. btw after a prolapse is it still possable to have sex (horrible thought about parents but never mind) as read somewhere it isnt

starshaker Wed 25-May-05 21:29:12

have convinced my mum to go to docs as after i saw another thread (what do ur bits look like) i saw a link for a pic of a prolapse and emaild it to her think it might have scared her into doing things.

throckenholt Thu 26-May-05 09:10:53

can she see different gp at the same surgery ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now