Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Someone please help me with this annoying itch!

(11 Posts)
UndertheBoredwalk Wed 05-Aug-09 23:49:27

For the last three days the soles of my feet have been itching madly, it's happened to me once before when I had an allergic reaction, and although I have no other symptoms of a reaction I got anti histamine incase it was.
But that's not helping at all, I will call the Dr in the morning I think, but in meantime anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? and how to ease it? I can't sleep atm
Have tried soothing creams, sat with feet in cold water for ages which soothed it while they were in the water but it flared back up as soon as they were out!
It's driving me insane

cathcat Thu 06-Aug-09 00:06:37

I'm sorry I have no medical advice for you....
but I read your thread title as
Someone help me with this annoying bitch

ROFL. Sorry I know I am not helping but if you knew about the week I'm having!

cathcat Thu 06-Aug-09 00:07:50

Are you pregnant? itchy palms is a sign of OC - a liver thingie, I shall google.

Tidey Thu 06-Aug-09 00:10:59

No other symptoms or anything on your skin? I had ferociously itchy feet accompanied by really tiny blisters which turned out to be a form of eczema. That's probably no use, hope you find out what it is and that they stop itching soon anyway.

cathcat Thu 06-Aug-09 00:14:57

Go to the bottom of this page for OC info

Otherwise it could just be athletes foot which causes burning, peeling and cracking.

UndertheBoredwalk Thu 06-Aug-09 00:22:45

Nothing on my skin at all, no rash, no sores no blisters. Definitely not pregnant.
lol @ annoying bitch grin
Will check link now, thanks for help!

UndertheBoredwalk Thu 06-Aug-09 00:24:20

Oh link appears to be pregnancy related itching. Unless I'm about to be visited by an angel and told I'm having a baby then I'm definitely not pregnant, a physical impossibility without sex I think grin

UndertheBoredwalk Thu 06-Aug-09 00:28:52

Don't think it's athletes foot either, no cracking or peeling on my feet. Just this fecking itching, scratching them doesn't help at all. Is infuriating!
Do you think it could be neurological? Just putting 2 and 2 together and maybe making 5. but I was at hospital today to see neuro after having odd symptoms for a while now and he thinks I may have some form of epilepsy but isn't sure and I need a scan. I wonder if this is just the latest in the odd collection of bizaare symptoms I have?
Stupid body, falling apart and doing horrid things to me angry

cathcat Thu 06-Aug-09 00:32:44

Oh sorry none of my suggestions were much good. Sorry to hear of your epilepsy worries. I was going to say try to go to bed and relax but that is not much good if it is keeping you awake sad. Hope you get an answer soon.

UndertheBoredwalk Thu 06-Aug-09 00:36:27

Thanks cath I think I'll go back to bed and try again1

cathcat Sun 09-Aug-09 19:58:28

Just saw you on another thread. How are the feet? any joy with the doctor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now