Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lethargic

(12 Posts)
NormaSknockers Wed 05-Aug-09 17:15:15

For the past week or two I have been getting really lethargic/tired of an afternoon to the point where I am feeling really out of it & almost nodding off. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open & just want to flake out.

I can't really think of any reason why, as I'm sat here typing this I'm feeling ready to drop off & have to keep forcing myself to open my eyes!!

Maybe the hot weather?

blondissimo Wed 05-Aug-09 17:38:14

Have you been checked for anaemia? Maybe worth a quick trip to the docs just to rule out health issues - if not then maybe it is the weather - does drinking more or going for some fresh air help?

NormaSknockers Wed 05-Aug-09 17:43:40

I haven't but worth a check I guess!

Drinking/fresh air doesn't appear to help, I just feel wiped out completely!

blondissimo Wed 05-Aug-09 17:44:19

pggrin??

cocolepew Wed 05-Aug-09 17:44:58

Have you been putting on weight? It could be your thyroid. Or <whisper> menopause.

cocolepew Wed 05-Aug-09 17:45:59

Oh just checked your profile, too young for menopause. Lucky you <bitter>

grin

Mousey84 Wed 05-Aug-09 17:49:10

I went to docs with same problem 4 times in the space of a year, and was checked for anemia and thyroid problems. No issues, but I cut back on caffeine and i dont get tired "for no apparent reason" anymore.

Have you been drinking more tea or coffee recently?

blondissimo Wed 05-Aug-09 17:54:18

Agree with mousey - I tried cutting caffeine out and it made a MASSIVE difference - I am a big tea drinker so I have not kept it up, but nice to know what to do if I'm flagging a bitsmile.

cocolepew Wed 05-Aug-09 18:10:20

Maybe you need to eat something, your blood sugar can take a big dip around 3/4pm.

NormaSknockers Wed 05-Aug-09 18:14:06

HHmmm I don't really drink tea, maybe 1 cup of tea every few days but that's about it & can't stand coffee so not that.

Pretty sure I'm not PG, I was 3 days late for my period last month & tested, was negative & came on about 1 hour after testing still don't know why I was late. Due on on Sunday & major PMT so feel certain AF is on her way.

LOL coco really heop it's not menopause....although no more babies for me so wouldn't be the end of the world. I've been loosing weight but that's because I'm dieting wink

I've got a docs appt on the 17th about my section scar so will have a word about the tiredness too.

cocolepew Wed 05-Aug-09 18:33:33

Ah ha! You're on a diet! Are you eating regularly? Are you eating enough?

NormaSknockers Wed 05-Aug-09 18:58:08

I've been dieting since Jan though wheras only felt like this for past few weeks.

Still eating regulary, enough? No never but that's cause I'm a pig grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now