Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Motion sickness

(4 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Wed 05-Aug-09 15:44:01

Looking for your best remedies to motion sickness please - TIA. Off on hols in a week and worried about the 3 hour express ferry which I suspect has no outdoors/ deck shock. I also get carsick sometimes sad.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 05-Aug-09 21:23:20

Tic tacs.

Ginger sweets

Drinking but not eating.

And one just in case - get disposable bedmats, and use them as blankets on top of sicky children and tucked under the chin (DD wears one every trip) they are massively absorbent). Also keep carrier bags just in case to hand to pack away soiled clothes and carry bicarbonate of soda to chuck on car seats to absorb odours. There's nothing worse than getting back into a car and discovering it still smells of sick. hmm

Littlefish Wed 05-Aug-09 21:24:47

Stugeron (sp) tablets. However, they knock me out so I tend to just fall asleep and leave DH in charge grin

Washersaurus Wed 05-Aug-09 21:27:18

Don't drink coffee and have a nap. I get dreadful motion sickness and these are my two top tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now