Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shaving rash under arms

(5 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 24-May-05 20:11:08

It doesn't matter how little or often i shave under my arms, what razor i use or anything I always get a really bad rash, which gets really sore.

I have tried switching deoderants but it isn't helping.

Eeek Tue 24-May-05 20:12:39

i get something similar - have you tried PitRock as a deodorant? it improved things for me.

hoxtonchick Tue 24-May-05 20:13:02

i went to the dr last week as i've had a really painful rash under my arms for a fortnight. i thought it might be connected with shaving, but she thought it was probably fungal (nice....). she gave me some steroid/anti-fungal/anti-bacterial cream which has worked beautifully. still a bit red but not painful at all. i didn't go specially to the dr, just mentioned whilst i was there about something else. worth a go i reckon.

Twiglett Tue 24-May-05 20:13:11

do you use a shaving gel for sensitive skin

have you tried a depilatory cream instead

you could always go au naturel

nutcracker Tue 24-May-05 20:23:58

Ewwwwww Twiglett

Haven't tried depilatory cream no, supose i should really.
I do use sensitive shavin gel yes but that doesn't help at all.

Hoxtonchick - Hadn't thought of anything like that, but if i try all these things and it doesn't improve I will go to the g.p

Eeek , have never heard of that, where do you get it from ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now