Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH found lump....

(11 Posts)
jessicasmummy Tue 24-May-05 20:03:10

my gh has just found a lump on the back of his knee... he had been complaining of a sore leg for the last few days, and has only just noticed the lump. It is quite large and hard.... anyone got any ideas as to what it may be? Im very worried now and trying to stay calm until he see's the doctor in the morning - assuming he can get an appointment.

charleepeters Tue 24-May-05 20:05:13

Mm brother in law had one like this on his wrist it was a ganglian cist and he had it removed with day surgery, its probably harmless but best to get it checked.

Louise1980 Tue 24-May-05 20:06:16

A cyst? Just a thought as Im no expert but I know you can get them in all sorts of strange places! Try not to worry.
x x x

LGJ Tue 24-May-05 20:07:28

My DH has something like this years ago, and being of the disgusting pick and squeeze school of thought, I gave it a good squeeze, if you think that is TMI, look away NOW ............

Loads and loads of "stuff came out of it", he still went to the DR's and they gave AB's to clear up the rest of it, but it was just an infected cyst type thing.

HTH

HTH

jessicasmummy Tue 24-May-05 20:08:22

LGJ - its too large to sqweeze and it is really sore apparently.... not sure what to think!

LGJ Tue 24-May-05 20:12:02

His was a good 2-3 inches across and he had a pillow in his mouth whilst I did it.

Took the God given opportunity to remind him that childbirth was worse

But seriously I would be on the phone dialling the surgery number before the switchboard even opens.

jessicasmummy Tue 24-May-05 20:20:32

cant believe he elt you near him - dh just said to me "im glad im not married to her!"

LGJ Tue 24-May-05 20:23:54

JM

jessicasmummy Tue 24-May-05 20:50:53

anyone else got an experience of this?!

jessicasmummy Wed 25-May-05 10:40:57

Dh went to docs this morning, it is a form of a cyst but doc reckons keeping mobile will get rid of it.... if it is still sore or gets worse he is to go back straight away... and he has to go back for a review before going back to work on tuesday. Fingers crossed it dissapears!

ponygirl Wed 25-May-05 10:54:59

Dh had a lump on the side of his neck once. It started like a spot but got bigger and bigger. I think he tried squeezing it and it was very painful so we went into an A&E . One of the junior doctors thought it was a cyst but should be removed and actually went to get a knife, but decided at the last second (literally) to call the maxillofacial (?) team. They cam down half an hour later in their scrubs and cut it out very neatly, there's only a tiny scar there now. The max-fac surgeon said he was lucky the junior doc didn't do it as the cyst was over a major facial nerve which if he'd nicked would have made half of dh's face go up like a ventian blind!

A doctor friend later told us to never ever let a junior a&e doctor do anything to you with sharp implements!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now