Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HOW MUCH WEIGHT WHEN YOU STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL ???

(6 Posts)
IDRINKTOOMUCHANDCANTSTOP Wed 05-Aug-09 13:41:25

Need positive stories, I have stopped for 3 days !

IDRINKTOOMUCHANDCANTSTOP Wed 05-Aug-09 13:47:25

I have meant how much weigh did you lose when stopping alcohol.

Mintyy Wed 05-Aug-09 13:53:17

None, sorry. BUT I drank ginger beer and lemonade and the like instead of alcohol so it was inevitable I wasn't going to lose any. Plus I have the metabolism of a narcoleptic sloth and I never lose weight unless I really try very hard indeed. Plus I only stopped for six weeks. Plus I had at that time only just given up smoking.

Many people find they lose loads of weight don't they? I'm sure you will too as long as you replace the alcohol with something sensible.

I can't stand aspartame so don't do diet drinks, despite my porky status.

HarrogateMum Wed 05-Aug-09 13:58:07

I like a few drinks so noticed when I got pregnant both times that I lost a stone in weight! Before I got big of course....probably lost that in the first 2 months (but was also v sick so this may skew the results!)

TrillianAstra Wed 05-Aug-09 14:05:50

Depends how much you drank. A pint of beer is about 200 calories, half a bottle of dry white wine about 250.

It also depends on what you replcae it with. And whether stopping drinking also stops you snacking.

IUSEDTODRINKTOOMUCH Thu 06-Aug-09 09:32:23

I used to drink a lot blush, didnt really snack but used to have big meals to sponge blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now