Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mooncup???

(11 Posts)

I have been considering buying a Mooncup, to save money and help save the planet.

I am just wondering if anyone has a experience with them, good and bad??

Thanks in advance

TeamEdward Wed 05-Aug-09 11:07:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnxiousAnne Wed 05-Aug-09 11:20:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QueenEagle Wed 05-Aug-09 11:24:47

Have used one now for over two years, probably longer. Yucky and fiddly to start with but absolutely love it. Feel weird when I get caught short out and about and have to use a tampon.

IME comfortable, easy to use and needs emptying less often than having to change tampons.

ClaireDeLoon Wed 05-Aug-09 11:25:22

I bought one last month and I got on OK with it. I had one leakage which was quite a severe leakage (well, more overflow really), I guess my periods are heavier than I realised at the beginning, I had only emptied it two hours before. Other than that it was fine, I found it fairly easy to get in and out.

QueenEagle Wed 05-Aug-09 11:26:05

And weirdly fascinating to see consistency and colours of stuff that comes out of my body!!

AitchTwoOh Wed 05-Aug-09 11:28:53

you might even find your flow diminishes, claire, i did. i LOVE seeing what's there, it's not yuck, it's yer womb lining. i always used to hmm when you'd read in mags that you only lost 2tsps blood during a period, but now i see that teh rest is mucus. kinda gross but kinda amazing. if men had periods there weould be an a-level in it.

rubytwokids Thu 06-Aug-09 21:19:47

I've had mine over a year and still find myself childishly amused by the noises it makes on removal. So, yeah, go for it: not only does it makes good economical, environmental and health sense, it is also mildly entertaining.

funnypeculiar Thu 06-Aug-09 21:30:38

I've used mine for about 6months now - it's fabulous! Never had any problems inserting it after the first couple of gos, not had any leakages, and I'm sure my periods are less painful.

And no hassle having to cart tampons around, gathering dust slowly at the bottom of your bag.

CloudDragon Thu 06-Aug-09 21:46:30

I absolutely love mine (took a few months) I am a bit of a squeamish and it no longer bothers me.

i had love of problems with tampax (falling out a bit blush and pads are uncomfortable.

love it. try it (but give a good go!)

Dior Thu 06-Aug-09 21:48:35

Love mine - had it for nearly three years. I used to occasionally have problems with it not popping open when I had put it in, but now I don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now