Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is my son too thin?

(10 Posts)
pleaserewind Tue 24-May-05 17:34:51

He weighs 3 stone 4 pounds and is 6 1/2

SoupDragon Tue 24-May-05 17:35:22

How tall is he?

pleaserewind Tue 24-May-05 17:38:46

he's about 120 cm, think thats about 3ft 11 is'nt it?

alexsmum Tue 24-May-05 17:40:36

doesn't sound too bad to me.my ds is about 127 and is just under 4 stone.(he's 5)

crazyandconfused Tue 24-May-05 17:44:35

I don't think so. my ds is 3 stone and about the same height as yours, I find it rather refreshing that I don't have one of those'healthy' or rather what people refer to as healthy looking children. he is straight up and down and constantly has scraped knees!

SoupDragon Tue 24-May-05 17:44:35

Looks to a little under 50th pecentile for weight and a little over 50th percentile for height for a 6yo according to my red book. So pretty much Mr Averge

pleaserewind Tue 24-May-05 17:48:12

thanx
ds1 is the opposite he's close to 5ft and weighs about 6 1/2 stone, i can even wear his trainers and he's only 9

Chocol8 Wed 25-May-05 21:47:39

My ds is 8 in September and weighs only 3st 7lbs. He is about 4'2" tall and there really is nothing to him. It worries me, but his consultant always says it's fine. He eats very well and is always on the go.

Strangely, he can still wear the same sandles as last year and they are a size 12.5. My nephew who is the same age is alot heavier and is in a shoe size 2, but then my friend's ds is younger than my ds and takes size 4 shoes and is about 5' tall!

paolosgirl Wed 25-May-05 22:03:48

DD is almost 6 and only just makes it on to the centile charts for her weight. She is a skinny minny, has to have all her clothes taken in, and has a bottom that is "a lot smaller than your big one mummy" !
As long as he is eating well, active, reaching his milestones etc, don't worry. He could be the other way, with all the horrendous health problems that brings.

nutcracker Wed 25-May-05 22:05:05

I am always worried about dd1's weight. She is 7 and weighs 3 stone, but she is quite tall though.

I think your ds sounds fine pleaserewind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now