Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Keep having this thing and dont know what it could be. Sorry maybe gross to some.

(22 Posts)
jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 03:04:24

I am generally a well person I get colds and have a sensitive stomach and cant eat certain foods as it gives me horrendous trapped wind which is agony but if i take gaviscon I am well enough. Have a couple of burps and it goes away.

A few months ago I ordered a new dish from the curry house - Its my normal house but during eating it- well last mouthful I started to get really hot, painfull and itchy hands. I thought this was a sign of allergies as they run in my family and I have other allergies so assummed that there was something that I couldnt eat in it. I finish my mouthfull, felt really sick, dizzy and that i was going to be sick. I went upstairs into the bathroom, sweat everywhere and promptly threw up everything. My best friend was there and she said that she had never seen anyone so bright red and sweating. As I thought it was an allergic reaction I took an anti histamine. As well as the itchy swollen red hands my feet started to itch along with my vagina and anus and ears. I got funny blotches on my face and some small spots on my body.

Attack two was that I was at my girlfriends house and we had eaten a chilli, I admit it was hot and had chilies in it. I ate it at about 8 pm. I woke up at 2am with itchy, swollen red hands. This spread to my vagina and anus again but I was not sick even though I felt like I was going to. My head/scalp became really itchy and my face went puffy/blotchy again. The hands stopped being so itchy after a good couple of hours and I was left exhausted. Itchy on my body and got some small bumps again. I then had to take gaviscon because it felt like I then had wind.

All times I have had itchy ears too. Basically it seems to be every hole that I have.

Third attack has just happened, I was happily asleep I ate at about 10 and it was left over chinese from the previous night again usual chinese. I feel like someone has got a hot poker and is sticking it up my backside and vagina I got the same symptoms. I havent been sick but really dont understand.

I just dont know what to do until I can get to a doctor.

jabberwocky Tue 04-Aug-09 03:10:09

It really does sound like an allergy and that your mucosal tissueis affected as well as the typical blotches, etc. Was the chinese food spicy? Seems like some kind of spice is doing it. I would try to eat more bland-type food until you can get tested.

Geocentric Tue 04-Aug-09 03:12:46

Definitely sounds like an allergic reaction... Remember that allergies can kick in at any time in our lives; I'm 37 and only last year became suddenly allergic to almost anything except paracetamol.

Unfortunately, until you can talk to a doctor, I think you'll just have to stick to bland, "safe" food - it will be a good test to see if it is food or something else.

jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 03:25:01

Thankyou it is very wierd. A couple of years ago i developed an allergic reaction to Morphine and luckily I was in hospital as i went into Ana shock. I thought It sounded like one. I am much better now but still have a hot bum.

jabberwocky Tue 04-Aug-09 03:30:19

Do you have an epipen then?

jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 03:38:20

Jabber - for the morphine? No I dont as if i was having morphine it would be in hospital and not out of it.

jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 03:42:50

What made you ask if i had one?

jabberwocky Tue 04-Aug-09 03:52:22

Sorry, just thought they may have given you one for any other late-occurring allergies. Comforting things to have around, epi-pens.

EachPeachPearMum Tue 04-Aug-09 07:52:06

Is it possibly garlic intolerance? Some of your symptoms are similar...
Eating legumes when eating garlic can help if it is that...
maybe test with garlic bread?

alypaly Tue 04-Aug-09 07:56:08

there are peanuts in curries and chinese as evrything is cooked in veg oil which is generally peanut as it is cheap,

jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 08:58:27

Well I took more gaviscon as it upset my tummy and after a few hours I went to bed. I am feeling better than I was but it is worrying as I dont know what it is caused by but all I know is that its happening more often.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 04-Aug-09 10:46:06

Message withdrawn

jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 13:18:35

Shine on, its also normal food such as squash, bread, some meats and other such stuff that is normal food. I dont often eat this its twice in a week and I havent had anything like this for 5 months so its not exactly like i eat this alot.

It can be anything and everything that affects my stomach and I cant just not eat.

alypaly Tue 04-Aug-09 18:39:58

jellyjelly
when i had morphine about 7 weeks ago when i had my gall bladder out all my face felt as if it was burnt for about 3 -4 days and it looked red aswell. One of the side effects of morphine is facial flushing so that cud be whats happenimng to your bum too. Its a vasodilator

jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 19:42:25

Ah thanks

I havent had morphine since i had an accident and the hospital gave it to me and they said never have it again as it was clear to them that I was having ana shock.

I am going to go to doctors tomorrow. It happened mildly this afternoon as well as twice this week. Its really starting to worry me now.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 04-Aug-09 19:45:34

This could be an MSG allergy. It's really important to find out if it is MSG because you can find it in a lot of prepared foods and it can make you very sick. Go see your GP and describe your symptoms and ask for a referral to an allergy clinic (may take a while to get an appt).

jellyjelly Tue 04-Aug-09 19:50:59

Do they put msg in currys?

popsycal Tue 04-Aug-09 20:06:20

msg is is in LOaDS of stuff

whomovedmychocolate Tue 04-Aug-09 22:43:29

MSG is used where food is heavily processed to improve the flavour - it's in everything from milk shakes to pilau rice.

jellyjelly Wed 05-Aug-09 11:29:07

Well ~I went to the doctors this morning who does think it could be an allergy and i now have an appointment in a couple of weeks time.

Doctor said take piriton

jellyjelly Wed 05-Aug-09 12:13:00

Well I called the practice allergy nurse who has said i am definatly allergic to something but she doesnt know what yet but it could be nuts/peanuts and that i am having an anaphalatic shock and that i must pick up an epipen tomorrow and even though she is running a 5 minute appointment surgery tomorrow I will get longer so i can have training on an epipen.

I am glad that she took it so seriously but i am a bit worried now.

jabberwocky Wed 05-Aug-09 19:48:19

Glad you're getting the epipen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now