Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pamina's dd's story - sorry, it's very LONG!

(100 Posts)
Pamina3 Tue 24-May-05 14:52:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizzylou Tue 24-May-05 14:56:35

Pamina, am so glad that your DD is better now, that sounded like such a terrifying ordeal for you all xxx

cadbury Tue 24-May-05 14:59:15

Blimey! What an awful time for you all. I pray thata you will all recover soon and Thankyou God for all those people who helped you!

TrophyWife Tue 24-May-05 15:03:12

OMG, i am soo glad that your dd is much better now and i hope you never have to go through that again...

Mum2girls Tue 24-May-05 15:03:17

Pamina - your DD sounds so brave and so do you and Dh. So pleased this has had a happy outcome.

Pruni Tue 24-May-05 15:05:03

Message withdrawn

hoxtonchick Tue 24-May-05 15:06:47

oh pamina, it sounds awful. you poor things, so glad she is better now. hope you're taking care of yourself & the bump too.

Thomcat Tue 24-May-05 15:06:56

Ohhhh, massive goose bumps down my arms.
So pleased for you all, i really, really am.
What a terrible time you've been through and what a great and well deserved place you are in now.
Love to you all, TC xx

Lolasmum Tue 24-May-05 15:07:25

So glad to hear that everything is Ok Pamina. DD had to spend the day at Kings yesterday having tests due to repeated urine infections. I found it very hard to cope with 1 day of being in a hospital with dd seeing her in discomfort. It must have been so awful for you to have such a prolonged period. All my best wishes to you and your family.

bundle Tue 24-May-05 15:10:11

oooh how lovely to hear from you...glad to hear of Saviour Junk Food and that the little Paminas are all well, xxxxxxx

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 24-May-05 15:17:13

Pamina, I'm so glad she is well and safe and you all got through this horrendous ordeal.

You are right, crises such as this focus our minds and reminds us what really does and does not matter in life.

Puff xx

Bugsy2 Tue 24-May-05 15:48:23

So glad you are all home and your little dd is well again.
Hope you are ok too - that's alot of stress to cope with in a very short space of time.
Big hugs.

suedonim Tue 24-May-05 15:56:40

Wow, you've certainly all been through the mill! I hope you all have a great summer with no more problems.

coppertop Tue 24-May-05 15:59:06

I'm so relieved that everything turned out well in the end. Thanks to Marina too for keeping us all updated with dd2's progress.

morocco Tue 24-May-05 16:02:53

Poor poor you, your dd and the whole family. It sounds like you have had quite a horrendous time. Thnak goodness things have worked out and you are now all together at home.
My ds who is 2 has just been in hospital for several weeks with kidney problems too so I know what a stress it can put on the whole family. I just wanted to let you know that you would be amazed how quickly children (and even their parents!) bounce back from such experiences, both mentally and physically.
I hope you can take some time out now to pamper yourself as well
best wishes

mears Tue 24-May-05 16:11:10

Oh Pamina3, what a terrible experience you have all had. I am so glad dd2 is well on the road to recovery. Your final thought are the same ones I had when DS2 had meningitis at 6 months and nearly died. You think at the time you will never get over it but you do. He is now a healthy 15 year old who gets his fair share of rows
My thoughts often drift back to the time he was in hospital and I am thankful that we were so lucky.
Expect to crash emotionally now that dd2 is improving. I know I did but that might have been due to the fact I got pregnant when I got home from hospital. My 'post meningitis bit of comfort baby' my mum called him

Cam Tue 24-May-05 16:16:59

Thanks for posting that Pamina, what a cautionary and shocking tale. I for one had never heard of HUS, how frightening for all of you. Thank God your little dd is better at last, what a little fighter ( I remember holding her at that meetup in Sussex when she was a tiny baby ).
Hope you are ok and the pg is progressing well - look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Lots of love Cam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

popsycal Tue 24-May-05 16:21:32

oh my goodeness how scary for you all

glad dd2 is on the mend now

batters Tue 24-May-05 16:24:01

Pamina thank you for posting this. Very wise words as well concerning what you have learnt.

My best wishes to you and your family.

xxxx

tortoiseshell Tue 24-May-05 16:24:13

OMG pamina, how horrible scary for you. Thank goodness she is on the mend!

Tissy Tue 24-May-05 16:31:01

missed previous threads...

so glad your dd is getting better
x

whymummy Tue 24-May-05 16:35:48

what a horrible time you've had pamina,so,so glad she's ok now

GRMUM Tue 24-May-05 16:37:26

So glad to hear that dd2 is now well on the road to recivery and I sincerely hope that there will be no permanent repercussions. I also hope that you and dh get a chance to recover - it must have been an incredibly stressful time for you both (and dd1 I imagine) It makes a really pleasant change to hear such a positive story about the NHS! All the best

Bagpuss30 Tue 24-May-05 17:00:18

Pamina, I have been thinking about you all ever since I read the first thread that Marina posted. I'm so glad you are all getting back to normal now and that dd2 is getting better. Hope you and bump are also doing OK. All the best, Bagpuss.

Pamina3 Tue 24-May-05 17:01:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now