Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in embarrassing position. Please help.

(25 Posts)
lisalisa Tue 24-May-05 14:43:26

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Tue 24-May-05 14:45:43

It could be a blocked sebum duct or a cyst. I'd get it checked out if you're really worried

Bella23 Tue 24-May-05 14:48:29

Lisalisa - is it sort of pea shaped?
I have had this and it was just a swolen gland caused by friction when you are not "wet" enough down there during sex. Sorry if TMI! [blush}

When I went to the doctors about mine he said that he wouldn't embarrass me by having a look and that is all that it was.

See if it goes down in a few days and if it gets any worse go and get i checked out.

WigWamBam Tue 24-May-05 14:52:04

It could be a Bartholin's cyst. These are harmless, and unless they get infected aren't usually treated. They're caused by a blockage in the glands which help with lubrication.

I think you should get it checked out, the GP will have seen it all before.

oops Tue 24-May-05 14:52:50

Message withdrawn

spykid Tue 24-May-05 14:52:53

Sounds like what I had a couple of years ago. It was a blocked duct/ cyst and I had it drained under local aneaesthetic.

Get it checked, its an easy procedure if thats what you need

tiddlypom Tue 24-May-05 14:54:01

It sounds like a Bartholin's cyst, which is harmless and will just go away, but you should get it checked anyway IMO (unless it does go away before you get to the doc's).

WigWamBam Tue 24-May-05 14:55:19

Bartholin's cysts do need checking out, by the way, because if they are infected the infection can make you quite poorly.

pinkmama Tue 24-May-05 14:56:13

I get something similar, had it checked and it was a blocked sebum duct. I get them around the time of my period. I'd see if it goes and it not then go and get it checked out.

lisalisa Tue 24-May-05 14:57:44

Message withdrawn

charleepeters Tue 24-May-05 14:59:52

i had one of these last week it was jsut an infected cist, my g.p was really nice about at and reasurred me that its completly normal and she sees women everyday so i shouldnt be emarassed, apparently everyone has them under the skin but they can get irritated and show up its now a week later and its gone with cream, good luck

spykid Tue 24-May-05 14:59:55

lisalisa...dont google youll sacre yourself silly!!! Did the same and convinced myself I had vulva cancer!!!
The doc drained mine so as I wouldnt get any more problems, and it sounded just like yours,...like a spot/blister

WigWamBam Tue 24-May-05 15:01:03

Why can't you see the doctor? He will have seen it all before, and it will put your mind at rest far better than we can.

shimmy21 Tue 24-May-05 15:02:29

I had a large one too (cyst) -discovered when I had my episiotomy for ds2. I lay opened 'up' for a couple of hours while they hummed and haahed to decide what to do about it and eventually decided to sew me up again and leave it all in there. Could feel it for a couple of year sand worried every now and then but it's gone now. (did make my beautiful post natal bonding moments with ds2 a bit weird though!!)

lisalisa Tue 24-May-05 15:02:29

Message withdrawn

spykid Tue 24-May-05 15:04:10

mine kept coming back and I wanted it gone. Wish it had gone on its own!!
Docs have truly seeb it all before, there is nothing to be embarrassed about!!

charleepeters Tue 24-May-05 15:07:04

beleive me you doctor would have seen so many parts in his carrer he wont even flinch! hes not going to remember yours the next day, surley its better to get a quick check that worry about it? i openly yold my g.p how embarrased i was and she was so nice about it, she made me feel really relxed and all she did was look for literally a sec then it ws over. its probably nothing but its important to get it checked just in case.

Iklboo Tue 24-May-05 15:15:57

Your doc will have seen everything before so don't worry. Is there a practice nurse at your GP's surgery you could see first or ask to sit in?

noddyholder Tue 24-May-05 15:18:24

Go and get it checked anyway I have had vulval carcinoma and was completely cured by excision but it was due to my being on immunosuppression and is virtually unheard of under age 60ish Most likely a bartholins cyst Go asap

hoxtonchick Tue 24-May-05 15:32:02

i had a bartholin cyst. it was pretty painful, & i went for a week, & then it was just too much. so my mum made me go to A&E & that night i was on the operating table, general anasthetic & all having it removed. i didn't see my gp at all. i don't want to scare you, but it's definitely worth getting it checked out. they are usually treated with antibiotics, but i had left mine too long. this was 5 years ago & i haven't had any reccurrence.

motherinferior Tue 24-May-05 15:39:32

I've had those and did end up going to the docs and was even referred to the 'vulva clinic' (I didn't even know such a thing existed); it cleared up with antibiotics.

FWIW I managed to convince myself I'd got the world's first female case of testicular cancer

hoxtonchick Tue 24-May-05 15:40:48

MI you nutter

HappyMumof2 Tue 24-May-05 16:11:15

Message withdrawn

elsmommy Tue 24-May-05 16:13:59

I had one not long ago. I didn't go to the docs it just went away on its own after a couple of weeks.

Evesmama Tue 24-May-05 16:23:51

i get something similar every month before AF

they are rather apin full and like little grissly pea shapes lumps[sorry

never been told what mine are as my docs are rubbish, but i think its either my hormones at that time of month or my pill as i never got them at all when pg!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now