Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lack of bowel activity

(10 Posts)
Mae1 Tue 24-May-05 13:28:50

Any suggestions for helping my 4yr old go to the toilet. Now 10days since any activity took place - scared to go and holding on (crossing legs). Now has a very sore and red bottom too which doesn't help. Had this before 12mths ago - on laxatives all the time. How can I coherce her to go???? help please!!

bundle Tue 24-May-05 13:30:17

is she seeing a paediatrician about this?

WigWamBam Tue 24-May-05 13:31:30

I'd get her to the doctors, to be honest. Ten days is a long time, and it will really hurt her to go if you try and force it.

HappyMumof2 Tue 24-May-05 13:32:48

Message withdrawn

Mae1 Tue 24-May-05 13:35:34

She was discharged from paediatrician back in jan 05 'cause she was doing so well.
I have an appointment this afternoon at 5.15pm at the GP (after forcing their hand - receptionist said it wasn't an emergency!). Let's see what they do.

HappyMumof2 Tue 24-May-05 13:36:33

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Tue 24-May-05 13:37:20

After ten days, I would say it was an emergency. She must be in a lot of discomfort. Hope you get her sorted out this afternoon.

bundle Wed 25-May-05 10:26:30

how did you get on mae?

WigWamBam Wed 25-May-05 10:58:42

I was wondering that, too. How is she?

Mae1 Wed 25-May-05 12:07:33

went to the Doc's - she agreed with my medication of Movicol (softener) & Sodium Picosulphate (stimulant). Spoke to the Consultant's Nurse Practitioner this morning - she has said stop the stimulant until the weekend - increase the softener - & when things start moving it shouldn't be distressing!
Let's wait and see! Many thanks for your concerns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now