Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

After an enthusiastic sex session I seem to have a cut down below and it doesn't seem to want to heal

(14 Posts)
Ouch78 Mon 03-Aug-09 13:50:15

I didn't notice it during or straight after the event, infact it was a few days later when I suddenly realised having a wee was uncomfortable.

Had a peek and I have a tiny cut, about the size of a small grain of rice, just to the side of the entrance to my vagina.

Trouble is, it has been a week since the sex now, and it still hasn't healed, and stings like buggary when I wee.

What can I do do help it heal ?? I have a smear next week and really don't ant to have to be explaining this to them.

Ouch78 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:01:58

Anyone ?

themoon Mon 03-Aug-09 14:03:46

I have had similar in the past... sudocreme is a wonderful thing smile

Ouch78 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:05:35

Ah really. That is probably the only cream I don't have in the house. Will have a look though.

I think it is just in an awkward place and keeps reopening. Would sleeping without bottoms on for a night or two help ?? Let the air get to it ?

lucykate Mon 03-Aug-09 14:07:50

try bathing, once a day, nothing but a bit of salt in the water. sit in shallow water for about 10 mins. i didn't tear or have stitches with either of my dc's but did have a lot of grazes. they can be painful and take a while to heal, salted water helped me a lot.

Ouch78 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:11:15

Thank you, I will try that.

themoon Mon 03-Aug-09 14:13:21

Ooh... just remembered... sit in a badedas bath! I had loads of stitches with DS and did this twice a day. The MW was amazed how quickly I healed.

Same routine worked with my appendix scar too.

beanieb Mon 03-Aug-09 14:14:36

Would absolutely echo what LucyKate says. Salt baths rock!

Ouch78 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:15:38

Haven't heard of that, what is it ?

themoon Mon 03-Aug-09 14:17:49

Badedas bath gel.. original version. Boots sell it.

this stuff

Ouch78 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:18:35

Ah, thanks, that sounds quite nice.

Granny23 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:22:49

Have you got an Aloe Vera plant? Split a leaf and smear juice on cut - totally works and safe to use on any part of body. In the meantime can you pee straight into a jug, bottle or similar so that it does not go backwards and nip?

bitchyfanny Fri 14-Aug-09 12:08:11

try a bit of talc after you have been to the wee wee shop!!!

liahgen Fri 14-Aug-09 12:11:19

are you sure it's a cut? ie not a blister?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now