Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dry, sore, cracked eyelid...

(3 Posts)
thatsnotmymonster Mon 03-Aug-09 09:39:15

Has anyone ever had this?

I have never had a problem with this before and in the last few weeks I suddenly got red cracks along the crease of my eyelid. I have been using E45, Vaseline intensive care, double base cream, emolient cream etc but just when it seems to be going it gets worse again.

About 2 days ago it had almost gone, then yesterday was a bit red so I moisturised more often and today my eyelid is thick. red and rough to touch.

What's going on and what can I do about it?

delllie Mon 03-Aug-09 11:55:29

I had something like this a couple of years ago on holiday, I went to a chemist for advice and they said not to put any creams on it but to dab it with cotton wool soaked in a saline solution (they actally gave me a couple of the saline vials you use to soak contact lenses in!!) and it cleared up in a couple of days.

hope this might help

alypaly Mon 03-Aug-09 14:08:37

cud be a reaction to a newmake-up..dermatitis or something called blepharitis. Use cooled bolied water to clean and get some ointment from chemist called simple eye ointment from the dispensary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now