Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help please very heavy bleeding

(9 Posts)
cheeryface Mon 03-Aug-09 09:26:24

my period started last night and its really really heavy. it isnt usually like this.

i feel a bit weak but tbh was feeling dodgy anyway due to having loads of antibiotics for stomach infection (had camera down throat on friday)

is this cause to worry? should i phone a doctor or is that me being a drama queen?

i havent had a baby recently, a miscarriage or anything like that that could explain it.

please help i feel worried

duchesse Mon 03-Aug-09 09:33:28

What do you mean by "really heavy"? There is a wide range of heaviness in periods.

cheeryface Mon 03-Aug-09 09:37:29

im not sure how to describe, i feel it pour out every time i move

Flgihtattendant Mon 03-Aug-09 09:39:02

I think antibiotics can affect your menstrual cycle

maybe worth ringing the Dr to ask?

duchesse Mon 03-Aug-09 09:41:34

Do you have any fibroids that you know of? Agree with Flightattendant, may be worth ringing the doc.

cheeryface Mon 03-Aug-09 09:46:16

no, no fibroids that i know of

melmog Mon 03-Aug-09 09:47:57

I know the feeling Cheeryface. I can feel mine pouring and squirting out of me too. blush

I had this before dd2, a couple of years ago and had a scan where they said I had fibroids, I think, but that they would probably shrink during pregnancy and labour.

I've not had anything done and now the periods are back as heavy as they were then.

I think you and I both need to go to docs and get checked.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Oh, and sorry to hear your procedure didn't go well. Why didn't they sedate you?

cheeryface Mon 03-Aug-09 10:21:18

thanx everyone.
they asked if i wanted sedation and i wasnt sure, they said i could try without and change my mind.
the doctor never even spoke to me when i got in the room, he had a face like thunder. strated the procedure and i shouted for them to stop as i knew at that point it was going to be too much but he didnt stop and they kept telling me to top shouting.
i was wretching and wretching and thought i was dying!
when it was done, i was asking questions and he wasnt giving me any proper answers, in fact he was getting his suit jacket on and left before i did, seemingly in a rush!

melmog Mon 03-Aug-09 11:48:45

Oh God, he sounds like a tosser.
So sorry, it sounds like it was awful.
On a brighter note, at least it's over and you got a diagnosis and are on the mend. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now