Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help with sleep problems

(3 Posts)
alypaly Mon 03-Aug-09 00:25:54

I am a serial non sleeper and its really getting me down..help!!!!!!!!!

frostyfingers Mon 03-Aug-09 11:45:45

Join a very non exclusive club I'm afraid! What have you tried.....?

I've gone from being a waking insomniac (goes to sleep ok, then wakes up around 1am, feel able to rule the world from then until about 4am, then back to sleep and knackered), to not being able to get to sleep at all and waking every 1-1.5 hours. I've done all the usual, eating early, warm baths, milky drinks, no tv but nothing works.

I have also tried Bachs Flower Remedies (White Chestnut, which is supposed to stop you worrying), Nytol etc but to no avail. My mum is in hospital again and I'm worn out, so seriously contemplating going to GP for pharmaceutical help. It's gone on for years, and didn't go away on holiday so I don't think I have much choice.

So, not much advice really, but plenty of sympathy!

alypaly Mon 03-Aug-09 12:07:09

same as you,i wake evry 30 mins...but actually find it difficult to go to sleep. Lie there for ages wondering why i am not tired enuf to sleep and then get chessed off cos evryone else is asleep.Sometimes nod off whislt watching tv for 10 mins..like a power nap...then as u say feel brilliant.I tried evrything...milky drinks..reading in bed...do lots of exercise, play badminton 3 nights a week. Dot feel particularly stressed or anxious,but been like this for 20 years....have sometimes gone without sleep for 2-3 days...my partner keeps saying i am going to die if i dont sleep but it hasnt killed me yet.
Docs gave me nitrazepam ,zopiclone anti depressants but they only work temporarily.. at my wits end...wud do anything for a good nights sleep...maybe i needsome romance.

Actually when my mum was ill ..it made me even worse..not thro worry...just so much on my mind when i go to bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now