Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cyst like lump on fanjo -tmi!

(5 Posts)
Claire2009 Sun 02-Aug-09 23:16:48

I have a pea sized/shaped lump/cyst like thing on my fanjo blush

I thought it was an ingrown hair, had one a few months ago and got rid, but from googling it doesn't seem like it.

I really really don't want to go to the doctors with it, it's not bothering me but it's there and I don't like it. It's not growing or anything either, I've tried squeezing it and it does nothing - is a little sore after blush

Any tips? Advice? Shall I leave it and hope it goes away? blush

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 02-Aug-09 23:18:52

pop and see your GP Lovely people they are.

TiggerIsMyCat Sun 02-Aug-09 23:34:45

i would definitely go and see the GP. even if it turns out to be nothing it is best to get it checked out, ESPECIALLY if it doesnt bother you otherwise!!

hayes Wed 05-Aug-09 03:23:49

I get this, I sit in a warm salt bath and it seems to burst and clear within a few days, it does tend to come back though every few months. Now I've had a look at the info above I think I'll see the GP the next time

skihorse Thu 06-Aug-09 12:44:49

For the love of God do not have surgery if it is indeed a Barthlin's cyst (sometimes referred to as Butterfly cysts).

The first couple I had were very painful, the first one I had I yelled out my OH for giving me an STD blush before going to the doc who gave me antibiotics. However, over time the skin has become less "strong" and they burst on their own.

*I once had one on a ski holiday, steeled myself with a few G&Ts, got a hand mirror and a penknife and "opened" it. Long, salty bath and a long ride on the poma lift the next day. Bliss! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now