Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump on DS's neck HELP

(13 Posts)
JPM Tue 24-May-05 00:04:50

Cuddling my DS 2nite I felt a little lump on his neck just below his ear and back a bit, it's about the size of a petit Pois (small pea!). Is this a normal lump and bump do you think?? Any medics out there?? HELP

MarsLady Tue 24-May-05 00:06:41

go see the GP. It may just be swollen glands, something viral. But I'm no expert. Hope someone who can help comes along.

tatt Tue 24-May-05 05:55:35

not a medic but sounds like a swollen gland. They are common with infections, even with infections that you don't notice. I can't remember the details but you're likely to get asked how easy it is to move around when the more knowledgeable people are up. Search mumsnet and you should other threads with lump and neck.

MrsMiggins Tue 24-May-05 08:21:21

my DD has a lump in her neck.
DR said it was just "@@@" (cant remember the term) but it was harmless and apparantely common.
Best to get it checked though.

macwoozy Tue 24-May-05 09:21:53

I found several lumps on my ds's neck and I got it checked out by his doctor. Apparently he has lymphadenopathy, thats just a fancy word for persistant swollen lymph glands, he said it was nothing to to worry about. Pop down to your GP, helps to put your mind at rest.

ruty Tue 24-May-05 14:17:58

if its the size of a small pea it should be normal. If they are bigger than 1cm, then they are swollen. My ds has swollen glands on neck at moment and no sign of infection so doc is considering giving him a blood test.

SleepyJess Tue 24-May-05 14:20:15

JPM.. not a medic, just an experienced mum. It is almost deifnitely a lymph gland which shows that your DH is fighting off some little minor infection. It should go away within a few weeks max.

SJ x

HappyMumof2 Tue 24-May-05 14:39:51

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Tue 24-May-05 14:41:12

DS not DH lol!

JPM Tue 24-May-05 23:05:58

Thanks all - will get is checked out by DR tomorrow. It's not in the usual swollen gland kind of place though it's nearer the back of his neck..??

tatt Wed 25-May-05 06:23:01

best to get it checked if you're concerned about it. With a child your doctor ought to prefer to check 1000 harmless lumps rather than miss the odd one that needs further attention.

HappyMumof2 Wed 25-May-05 08:34:54

Message withdrawn

JPM Thu 26-May-05 23:36:03

DR confirmed all your diagnosis'! Worry over! Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now