Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP!!!!! Mirena revoval without strings...

(4 Posts)
CaroJo Fri 31-Jul-09 21:20:40

Did this happen to anyone else???

Have Mirena now for just over 4 years. After the first 2 years the strings suddenly disappeared. I went to the docs who did a scan and said the Mirena was still where it's supposed to be only the strings must have wandered upwards.
A couple of months ago I went to the GP who tried to remove my coil, saying that in most cases it wouldn't be a problem, grabbing it without the strings. Well, it didn't work.

I got referred to the Sandyford Clinic in Glasgow where they will now try to remove Mirena with forceps. All this is going to happen next week.
I am soooo scared. Firstly, of feeling a lot of pain and secondly, of them doing some damage. And what if they don't get it out? They already said last time it would be fine when it wasn't. How do they know it's still where it's supposed to be? My scan was 2 years ago.

Sorry for the ramble but I'm reallly really scared.

Can anyone help???

LynetteScavo Fri 31-Jul-09 21:22:21

Do you need it out?

I'm not usre I'm ever going back to get mine out!

Sorry - I'm not helping. blush

CaroJo Fri 31-Jul-09 21:34:59

Well,
the whole hidden string saga made me more worried every day so I decided and GP agreed that I should get Mirena removed now since I got lesss than a year left with it anyway.

And now that the whole process is getting so complicated, I just want it out. It's not like it's going to get easier in 7 months...

OnlyWantsOne Sat 01-Aug-09 07:20:03

Can't they give you a lot of drugs grin to stop you noticing it - seriously, good luck, you will be fine x x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now