Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fed up with looking pregnant when I'm not

(2 Posts)
BlueSmarties Fri 31-Jul-09 19:10:26

apologies if you've already read this post - thought i'd repost here to see if i get a better response.

I am so fed up of looking pregnant. ds2 is 2.4 but I still look about 4 months pregnant.

Had 3 finger separation and with physio got it down to 1 but my belly still just hangs there. I'm quite slim and really don't want to loose any weight as this just makes it more pronounced. Still doing approx 20 tummy crunches 5 times a day but its not getting any better. Loads worse if I have been wearning a dress or leggings all day - seems like my belly needs the support of a sturdy pair of jeans.

Would wearing tummy control pants all the time make it better or worse. Thought it would give chance for muscles to knit back together if I kept up the crunches - or will it just make the muscles lazy and hang out even more. I'm only in my 20s and my belly looks like a 70 year olds.

Really need to do something about it as its mmaking me soooooooo miserable.

naturopath Thu 06-Aug-09 15:04:49

don't know how to link, but have a look at this thread: Childbirth : I have a spearated abdomen, also called 'Diastasis Recti'
(I have similar by the way but can't type well now as holding my brand new ds - and looking v pregnant still!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now