Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is wrong with my wrists??

(4 Posts)
babyignoramus Fri 31-Jul-09 09:22:13

Ever since DS was born I have pain in both wrists. I can feel little bumps (roughly where you'd get a ganglion), one in each wrist. If I flex my thumb I get pain down to the bump and sometimes they feel like they're clicking out of place IYKWIM. It makes it diffiult to lift DS and I have real trouble with the twisting motion when draining heavy saucepans etc. I wonder if it's something to do with the relaxing of joints during pregnancy?

BrigitBigKnickers Fri 31-Jul-09 10:04:15

Ditto. I have suffered with pain in my wrists since I was a teenager. I did actually have a ganglion surgically removed in my 20s as it was resting on a nerve (the pain was excruciating)but the pain has persisited on and off.

I find the wrist supports with magnets seem to help, ibrufen gel is good and osteo brings temporary relief but there are times where it just flares up and I have to put up with it for a few days. The doctor said it was tendonitis.

I have a friend who had some ultrasound treatment on a similar problem which she says was very effective.

Penthesileia Fri 31-Jul-09 10:17:29

I'm not sure, obviously, but it could be a consequence of pregnancy hormones, as you suggest. I suffered from joint pain after the birth of my DD. Take a look at this thread (there's a link on it to another thread with similar issues).

Hope you feel better soon. smile

babyignoramus Fri 31-Jul-09 12:09:37

Thanks Penthesileia, - I think it is pregnancy hormones but of course it's only become apparent since he was born as I've been constantly lifting him. I think what worries me is that I'll pick him up one day and one of my wrists will just give and I'll drop him!

Will have a look at some supplements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now