Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weight loss - anyone done the allaboutw8 programme?

(9 Posts)
mears Thu 30-Jul-09 17:40:44

I know that rapid weight loss is not good for you but I really want a kick start. A friends DH is on this programme and is doing really but the problem is will it stay off? Anyone on here had success with it?

www.allaboutw8.co.uk

mears Thu 30-Jul-09 17:52:23

?

mears Thu 30-Jul-09 21:44:13

no-one then?

MumHadEnough Thu 30-Jul-09 21:47:43

Yeah I have, but Cambridge is nicer to be honest and a bit cheaper too.

mears Thu 30-Jul-09 22:01:21

Thank you for your response. I have never fancied the cambridge diet though. Should just start eating less rubbish really.

MumHadEnough Thu 30-Jul-09 22:18:54

Cambridge is no different to W8 though, in that you can do the 810 version of it where you can still eat a meal at night.

What plan were you looking at on w8? It's technically the same idea, I've did both.

Happy to answer any questions you have.

mears Fri 31-Jul-09 07:48:20

Was thinking of the rapid plan. What attracts me is that you get the meal packs and don't have to prepare any food. However, although I know I could probably do that, I expect that the weight loss would return once eating normally.

MumHadEnough Fri 31-Jul-09 11:12:56

Exactly the same sole source on Cambridge mears. Difference is that with Cambridge you will go to see a counsellor who will talk you back up through the steps of reintroducing food again to ensure you don't just put it all back on again.

But if you go back to your old eating habits, you will go back to your old weight.

W8 is good though if you don't want to/can't get to a counsellor.

There is a good forum called minimins.com that has a section for all the VLCD's. You should have a look on there and see what you think. Its tough to do a VLCD but it works and it works fast!

mears Fri 31-Jul-09 23:42:55

Thank you. Have not decided as yet. Probably will give healthy eating one more go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now