Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

blocked ear

(3 Posts)
defyinggravity Wed 29-Jul-09 20:13:58

I'm on holiday at the moment and for the past day or so my left ear has been completely blocked. I've tried putting drops in and so far no good. I feel like I'm talking under water all the time and its miserable. Any ideas to sort it out quickly?

LadyIsabella Wed 29-Jul-09 20:30:32

I had this recently, in fact I suffer from it and have had my ears syringed several times. While waiting to get them done again, I tried Otex (?) ear drops, in 2 days my hearing was perfect and I cancelled the app with the nurse. Brilliant! much better than olive oil, I really recommend it.

defyinggravity Sat 01-Aug-09 01:19:55

thanks for the reply. last night I had one final go with the ear drops and then used some warm water and it loosened the wax and I can hear perfectly again now! I have to admit to shoving cotton buds in my ears before now but won't be doing that again in a hurry. (smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now