Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Very sore/swollen throat/tonsils

(7 Posts)
Claire2009 Wed 29-Jul-09 11:52:11

And of course, Gran called and I can barely speak, she mentions this is how my mum's cancer began, in the throat like tonsilitis.

How to make someone worry or what! angry

Have GP appt at 3.40pm, struggling to eat/swallow, gargling warm salty water but even thats a push because I'm choking!

Started about 2wks ago, sore throat, then cough, then runny nose, now I'm left with a very sore throat!

Any ideas? I don't think it's tonsilitis but still I have no idea anymore..

HeadFairy Wed 29-Jul-09 11:55:44

Have you had a temp? Could it be swine flu?

Claire2009 Wed 29-Jul-09 12:00:03

No temp what so ever, I did speak with a GP 2wks ago because of the symptoms and he just said it's a cold/sniffle going on and unless symptoms got worse not to worry, now I have this sore throat and it is seriously hurting.

Sensitivechildminder Wed 29-Jul-09 12:04:15

I have exactly the same as you and went to gp, and she said it could be swine flu or just tonsilitis (if that helps !)

Claire2009 Wed 29-Jul-09 12:07:17

Bugger!

Did she give you anything? How long have you had it?

anjlix Wed 29-Jul-09 21:03:34

sounds like a bacterial throat infection to me. I had it a few days ago and would not go away for 2 weeks. get yourself swabbed for bacterial culture and if positive then you may need antibiotics.

Claire2009 Thu 30-Jul-09 23:32:43

Oh I forgot to come back to this

I went to the docs and it's tonsilitis, have tabs for it now.

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now