Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this? (Along the lines of cystitis, probably).

(2 Posts)
SpringySponge Tue 28-Jul-09 16:19:51

My friend's texting me at the moment with a health problem & it's left me a bit stumped. I said I'd ask here for any other suggestions.

At first, a few hours ago, she said she had cystitis (constant need to wee, painful when she did & no 'relief'), so I advised her along the usual cranberry juice route.

Now she says that she's bleeding 'down there' & isn't sure where it's coming from, but it is unlike menstrual blood - thinner & no clots.

Whenever she finishes weeing she gets 'such an almighty headrush that [she thinks she'll] keel over'.

She says can't be pregnant because she takes the pill religiously at exactly the same time every day & generally uses condoms as well (although she hasn't for the last few weeks).

I asked about any back pain, thinking it may be kidney related, but she says that she doesn't have any. Just tummy cramps for the last couple of days which may or may not be related.

I'm still talking to her & finding out more as we go along, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Wed 29-Jul-09 01:25:56

It sounds like a UTI, she needs to go and see her GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now