Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can someone help with dp's knob and my mouth/jaw please?

(15 Posts)
sleeplessinstretford Tue 28-Jul-09 16:16:29

The two aren't linked but we are both suffering. Whilst 'getting jiggy' a few weeks ago dp started haemorraging all over me/the bed (i thought it was me at first but it turns out it's him) he claims not to be in any pain,wont let me have a look (despite the fact i am a registered first aider wink as he says i'll take the piss) anyway,we left it two weeks before trying to do 'it' again for the same thing to happen.He wont go to the doctor,says it isn't painful but i would like to resume normal relations with him without it looking like someone has slaughtered a pig in our bed.
Secondly-and unconnected- i had a tooth infection that went very deep-had course of antibiotics followed by root canal-3 days after the root canal (after zero sleep and agony) i went back to the dentist who told me i had a jaw infection that hadn't cleared up-so,he gave me more antibiotics-i finished them last night-am still in pain-still have a lot of tenderness in jaw but my 'lump' has gone down-is this because-
a)he's ballsed up the root canal as part of the pain is in my throat/ear.
b)infection is still here
c)this is just bruising from procedure (original root canal was 10days ago)
i am still taking 2 hourly painkillers (i am quite hard and had a baby without pain relief\gas and air\any thing so do have reasonable threshold although this is disturbing my sleep/my meals/my life and is making me weary and teary. sad
any advice please? for either of us...

Dragonesque Tue 28-Jul-09 16:19:51

Did he bleed because he rubbed his willy against something and caused a tear, type thing? Like if he rubbed it on your belly?
If so the skin will need to heal. Where did all the blood come from if that isn't the case? Were you doing anything<ahem> dangerous at the time? grin

Sorry, no good with toothy things, but as I understand it they can take a while to clear up.

DjangoTheDjinn Tue 28-Jul-09 16:21:08

Know nowt about teeth/jaws. Married to one proud owner of a knob.

DH had the same problem when we were first together. Started all of a sudden one night. His foreskin was tearing at the base on the underside where it is attached to the head iyswim. Every time it tore scar tissue developed and the foreskin was attached incorrectly. It bled A Lot. It didn't hurt but it got worse and worse. He had a simple operation to remove all of the scar tissue and reattach the base of the foreskin in a better place. His brother had exactly the same problem and exactly the same operation a few years later. I was not involved in his problem though. grin

sleeplessinstretford Tue 28-Jul-09 16:26:58

we were doing utterly mild sex-there was no erm lubrication issues (it's always ladies before gents in our house)and i wouldn't say my inners were as tight as a drum.it was massively mundane,missionary sex like we've done millions of times-hence me wondering why it suddenly gave up the ghost.
I suspect it's the 'banjo string' but he wont get it erm 'seen to' and while he wont get it seen to there is something/someone else not getting erm seen to either.
i wonder if it will heal if we leave it ages?

MadEyeballsMoody Tue 28-Jul-09 16:29:04

<<hands prize for best title of the week to sleepless>>

notwavingjustironing Tue 28-Jul-09 16:31:54

What a shame the weekly round-up isn't on this week. I'm sure this thread would feature grin

stripes200 Tue 28-Jul-09 16:32:09

Tooth sounds as though it could still have a bit of infection. If I were you I'd call the dentist and ask for advice some infections can take bloody ages to clear particularly if don't follow the advice given with the pills absolutely and you can also build up a small resistance to antibiotics.

Re DP's knob it sounds like he's torn his banjo: the thin bit of skin on the underside of his willy. I'm no doctor and I don't know what it's intended purpose is but my DP did the same thing, there was lots of blood too(there would be, he had a hard on , it was full of blood!) but it has healed up fine, there's a very small scar, it still works as good as before he just doesn't have a banjo string anymore.

Being a man he is a actually quite proud of the fact that we broke his knob(albeit only a little bit) while we were doing it. He says it shows we were really going for it. smile

muggglewump Tue 28-Jul-09 16:33:02

grin

I had to click on this. Fab title.

No help though, sorry.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Jul-09 16:35:01

Message withdrawn

Uriel Tue 28-Jul-09 16:38:50

I'd ring the dentist again in case the infection is still there. Could be worth seeing a homeopath if you're that way inclined? - I had some fab treatment from a homeopath when I was suffering from abscesses and a root canal treatment.

I thought you were going to say it won't fit in.

jalopy Tue 28-Jul-09 16:55:00

Sleep, Is your root canal finished? I had horrific pain after a root canal, despite drainage of infection and 2 courses of antibiotics. It turned out I had a local reaction to the chemicals in the temporary filling/dressing they use. Had to have change of dressing and was given some steroidal filling to calm it all down, I was fine after that.

Unqualified to talk about your dh's nether regions.

sleeplessinstretford Tue 28-Jul-09 16:57:13

i think root canal finished-part of me thinks dentist has ballsed it right up-the next treatment i can have is tooth out and the bone 'cleaned'
*pukes up some innards and faints a bit*

Hassled Tue 28-Jul-09 17:05:05

Your DH is indeed a knob if he won't get professional help. Make an appointment with a friendly male GP, present it as a fait accompli and if there are any complaints point out that it's a choice between that or sex.

Re the tooth - get back to the dentist pronto. My experience of root canal was that it was hideous at the time but the pain etc went fairly quickly afterwards. So I don't think it's bruising. Tooth ache is the worst pain of all, I think - you have all my sympathy.

DjangoTheDjinn Tue 28-Jul-09 18:03:52

DH was really embarrassed but the GP said it was common. Normal boring missionary here that night too. Have never heard of a banjo string, just asked dh what it was and he said 'it's the thing I don't have after you broke it and made me bleed'. So yes, probably that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now