Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have shingles on my face. Please tell me it will go away soon...

(5 Posts)
SuperBunny Tue 28-Jul-09 11:43:58

and that I am not going to be scarred for life.

Am on antibiotics and antivirals but the tingling and itching is horrible and I look hideous. I've had it for a week and it is getting worse. The doctor was rather vague when I asked how long it would last and if my nose would fall off

whomovedmychocolate Tue 28-Jul-09 13:49:25

Yes they will go and providing you don't pick at them you will have no scars. It's horrid isn't it. Take piriton to help the itching

SuperBunny Tue 28-Jul-09 19:34:50

Thanks, whomoved. I have not picked... it hurts too much to even do that! I will get some piriton tomorrow. The itching is driving me insane and there is only so much calamine one can smear over one's eye.

mollyroger Tue 28-Jul-09 19:36:31

oh mate, how very distressing...I have no experience of this but I have heard it's painful...what a horrid introduction to UK living for you. Hope it clears uop sooon xx

SuperBunny Tue 28-Jul-09 21:09:06

Thanks Molly. Nice welcome home, eh? At least I got it after my job interviews <silver lining>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now