Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP think my DS has got a verucca - how do i get rid of it?

(5 Posts)
aristocat Tue 28-Jul-09 11:15:43

help.... my DS [7yo] has had this lump on the sole of his foot for a few weeks now. i thought it would go away but it hasnt.

i always thought veruccas had a black spotblush but this is quite yellow. no one has had one before so i am not sure but we go swimming regularly.

should i try and treat at home or wait for my doctors appointment next week.

any advice for me???

thankyousmile

claricebeansmum Tue 28-Jul-09 17:55:10

Before stopping off at the GP why not pop into a pharmacy and ask for their advice? IME they are jolly good at this sort of thing.

HeadFairy Tue 28-Jul-09 17:58:17

Things like bazooka do work eventually, but they take forever. I had 15 verrucas when I was pg with ds so I'm a bit of an expert now (they all disappeared of their own accord after he was born, it was probably due to lowered immunity)

this site has some good advice.

I was told gaffa tape was the best cure, put a little piece over the verruca, but be prepared to do this for many months.

BadgersArse Tue 28-Jul-09 17:58:53

my chirop said "why bother"
they dont hurt etc

aristocat Thu 30-Jul-09 21:18:04

thanks for your advice, DS is still telling me it hurts so will keep GP appointment for next week.
he has also got eczema so have to be careful what i can use on his skin.
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now