Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Overeating,please help.

(11 Posts)
FattyArbuckle Mon 27-Jul-09 18:10:22

I need help desperately please,i have a ds who is nearly 3 & before i had him i always had issues with food & my appetite.

I lost a couple of stone,then we decided to try for ds & & afterwards i lost all of my baby weight.

For about 18 mths now i just cannot stop eating.I am not hungry,i just eat because i can.I have made myself sick a number of times after eating & i feel awful afterwards.

I need to lose about 4 stone & i just dont know who i can talk to about my issues with food.

I am not lonely,i have lots of friends,my dh is fantastic & obviously i have the best ds in the world.

How can i get out of this horrible cycle of eat,eat,eat?

Please nobody take the piss out of me,i dont think i could handle it.

Thankyou for reading.

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 18:11:18

When do you eat? All day or at different times?

FattyArbuckle Mon 27-Jul-09 18:13:33

All day! As soon as i wake up thats all i think about.

I feel so disappointed in myself & disgusted,i am disgusting.

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 18:18:41

Is it boredom? If I'm off work and don't go anywhere it's all I think of. You are not disgusting, there will be someone along you can advise you better than me.

Don't put yourself down, you want to do something about it and you are asking for a bit of help. Nothing wrong with that smile

FattyArbuckle Mon 27-Jul-09 18:22:30

No i am not bored,we do something every day,aside from this my life feels great.

I am disgusting,i feel awful,my clothes feel & look awful on me & i desperately need someone to help me.

I dont want to be like this anymore.

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 18:25:08

Have you thought of joining a slimming club? There would be people there to help and encourage. Girls I work with Joined Weight Watchers and have lost loads.

FattyArbuckle Mon 27-Jul-09 18:27:51

I went to WW before i was preg & it did work for me but i think i need more intense help because i am still over eating & nothing has changed.

I might need to re-join though i think.

Thankyou.

screamingskull Mon 27-Jul-09 18:29:55

What about visiting the doctor. They may have some kind of eating plan devised that you can use.

Or what about a slimming club?

cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-09 18:32:17

Re-join, it might the the push you need.

If you did it before you can do it again.

Sorry I can't really help on the making yourself sick, I don't know what it's like.

Keep bumping and someone will be able to help.

Good luck.

FattyArbuckle Mon 27-Jul-09 18:40:04

Thankyou.

sarah293 Mon 27-Jul-09 18:41:57

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now