Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ok so I trapped my foot in the front door - advice needed and docs aorund?

(15 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Sun 26-Jul-09 22:21:59

Two weeks ago managed to shut the front door (upvc type) on my foot as was leaving the house and there was something outside the door that my first foot out stood on and lost footing and managed to bring the door closed onto my foot.

This hurt a lot, scrapped lots of skin but no blood, all of the top of my foot. Question is how long should it take for this to stop hurting? Its not as bad as it was but its been two weeks now do I need to go to the docs can they actually do anything?

Cheers

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 26-Jul-09 22:24:10

Did it swell up and bruise? Could you walk on it? What's it like now (colour)?

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 26-Jul-09 22:31:13

Instantly went a purply colour a little swelling and was able to walk on it. There is hardly any colour to it now. Am I being a bit silly? blush

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 22:34:44

Yes. Sorry. wink

I have injured that part of my foot before, it does hurt for ages. You need to elevate it as much as possible for as long as possible (so if you are mumsnetting - feet on the sofa!)

Skin is incredibly sensitive and that area has stretched webbing skin with thousands of nerves (hurts doesn't it?!) If it makes you feel any better I degloved my foot in a similar way a few years ago.

It will get better. But get some ibuprofen gel and apply it every four hours for a week.

It'll take at least four weeks to stop hurting completely I'm afraid.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 26-Jul-09 22:35:54

whomovedmychocolatestarfish is a superstar!! Follow all of her advice. smile

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 22:37:05

No, I'm just an incredibly stupid person who seems to main herself much more often than is reasonable blush

But thanks!

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 26-Jul-09 22:38:36

Thanks to both of you, I knew I was being stupid but you know what its like, Dh didn't help tbh.

I also knew I'd get the right help on here grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 26-Jul-09 22:39:57

sad If it makes you feel any better, I had to take ds to A&E yesterday after he stood on a rusty garden rake. Not much harm done though, the owner was worried he'd need a tetnus jab which upset him far more then hurting his foot. I can't get my head around the injection schedule thingy.

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 22:51:57

Dh's rarely help. When I degloved my foot and was bleeding a lot with a big flap of skin hanging off he looked at it and said 'urgh, that looks horrid' hmm

Yeah, you think?

Mind you I got my own back when he gashed his shin after a fall and I had to stitch it up. The silly bugger refused pointblank to go to A&E and said 'well can't you do it'. So I did. (I did give him a glass of shiraz and some paracetamol first) <mean> grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 26-Jul-09 22:53:04

shock Ouch!

whomovedmychocolatestarfish Sun 26-Jul-09 22:57:03

Twas quite funny actually, he suddenly looked nervous and said 'this is going too hurt isn't it'. grin

LoveBeingAMummy I am assuming you are not diabetic btw, if you are any foot injury needs a medical review. Also keep an eye on the foot for any signs of swelling in the coming few weeks (just in case you have got something in it) or veins tracking (becoming more prominent) radiating from the injury up your leg.

LoveBumSex Mon 27-Jul-09 07:48:44

Generous to give him the wine lol

(Not diabetic)

LoveBumSex Mon 27-Jul-09 07:49:13

Sorry just relised, have changed name for the day - see chat for full explanation!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 27-Jul-09 07:50:51

I did yesterday but (hence starfish bit) but thought that was yesterday blush so changed back this morning. But if you have a look at chat it would seem it's still going hmm grin

LoveBumSex Mon 27-Jul-09 08:12:53

Yes today is the day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now