Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

weird fluttering in neck

(4 Posts)
mousemole Sun 26-Jul-09 18:19:44

just that really - bottom right hand side. It started 2 weeks ago and comes and goes with no reason. It's similar to a fluttering I used to get below my eye when I was run down but this one is stronger and you can see it in my neck.
Am starting to get anxious about it and thinking there is blockage in an artery or something dramatic sad

pocketmonster Sun 26-Jul-09 22:07:14

Sounds like muscle spasms to me - you get them when you're tired. If you're worried though go to see your GP.

MsF Sun 26-Jul-09 22:11:36

my guess is it's a trapped nerve... and also if you are anxious...it implies you are tense...and that could cause a muscle spasm.

( i get a twitch/fluttery right arm sometimes!!! Like you, it was visable.)

obviously i recommend you see a doctor...i went last week after feeling my neck was blocked...like a tablet stuck....and doctor examined me...and decided it was anxiety...and though i came away empty handed prescription wise...she appears to have been right...now i have spent 10 minutes downloading all my woes to my doctor...my neck feels better!!!

hope i have helped!!

mousemole Mon 27-Jul-09 07:57:19

thanks pocketmonster - it feels like a muscle, in that similar to you, I have seen muscle pulses and spasms in other parts of my body that look the same.
MsF, glad you are feeling better. I had a friend who had the exact same thing and I am sure you are right - if I go and get reassurance from the GP it will disappear !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now