Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump on skull

(7 Posts)
schilke Sun 26-Jul-09 14:46:38

Last night I found a hard lump on my skull. It's on the left hand side - if you drew a line from your eye round the side and a line up from your ear, it's where the 2 lines meet, well possibly a little bit further towards the back ..... hope you get that.

It is solid - feels like bone and hurts if I fiddle with it .... which of course I can't stop doing! It's quite wide across - 2 fingertips wide. It's alarmed me as I haven't noticed it before.

Any ideas?

loopylou6 Sun 26-Jul-09 18:07:20

its probably just a bony nodule, chances are u have always had it. get it checked if its concerning u though.

mortica Tue 28-Jul-09 22:08:37

Sounds like a cyst. I have sebaceous cysts on my head. They are hard and hurt if you fiddle with them. I have one removed every 18 months.

GivePeasAChance Tue 28-Jul-09 22:09:56

Get to the docs pronto

schilke Wed 29-Jul-09 12:13:20

Ah mortica - I assumed a cyst would be squidgy!

It definitely wasn't there before - I fiddle with my hair ... pull out all the coarse red ones!

southeastastra Wed 29-Jul-09 12:15:36

i had one of those lumps for a couple of months, was odd. disappeared on it's own.

mortica Wed 29-Jul-09 13:16:52

Mine are definately not squidgy but they do generally take a while to a get to a substantial size so either way i would definately go and get it checked out especially if you havent noticed it before.

Better to be safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now