Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What do do about antibiotics making me sick?

(10 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Sat 25-Jul-09 20:19:54

I should know the answer but I don't. And the saga of my various infected bits is boring even me now but....
my lates antibiotics I started yesterday are making me feel very sik. I actually spewed the last dose. Do I just stop? Phone the walk in centre where I got them? carry on and hope I stop spewing?

wrinklytum Sat 25-Jul-09 20:23:44

What are they?.If they are making you really pukey I would stop them and phone to see if you can get an alternative.

No other symptoms,rash or anything?

I replied to your fluclox thread.Are the new ones also penicillin based,could you have developed an allercig reaction to penicillins?

Sorry for crapola spelling have benon nightsand brain dead!

bubbles4 Sat 25-Jul-09 20:24:08

this happened to my ds,I would phone the place where you got them from for advice.If your spewing them,then they cant be treating the problem,apparently some antibiotics are known to make you nauseous and you should be able to be prescribed an alternative.

EccentricaGallumbits Sat 25-Jul-09 20:26:57

Stronger fluclox and penicillin v.

this is getting tedious.

wrinklytum Sat 25-Jul-09 20:31:38

Both casn make you nauseous and sick.If it were me,and you are being sick so haven't a cat in hells chance of em doing their job anyhow if puking, I would call and get some alternatives px.

Have they done a swab of gacky wound area for sensitivities?Am sure there must be alternatives to penicillins that could be used

wrinklytum Sat 25-Jul-09 20:35:34

Are you sure you were suposed totake both concurrently?Have never heard of them being used concurrently as both used for gram -ve bugs.

EccentricaGallumbits Sat 25-Jul-09 21:01:44

am going to ignor it until tomorrow. am off to bed now to sulk and will call in the morning.
thansk

dilemma456 Sat 25-Jul-09 22:12:28

Message withdrawn

dilemma456 Sat 25-Jul-09 22:16:56

Message withdrawn

ThingOne Sun 26-Jul-09 17:40:15

Are they ones for taking on an empty stomach? If not, make sure you have a piece of toast ten minutes beforehand to protect your stomach a bit.

And yes, do call. They'll be able to tell you whether your reaction is "normal" or not.

Hope it stops soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now