Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Varifocal glasses - does the seasick feeling go away?

(6 Posts)
SolidGoldBrass Fri 24-Jul-09 18:32:49

Have just got my new varifocals and they actually make me a bit queasy. Will this wear off when I get more used to them.

(Younger MNers are excused this thread.)

elvislives Fri 24-Jul-09 20:35:07

Yes it does. The first time I tried them I gave up. When I mentioned feeling really queasy this time the optician's assistant said "well yes you will do" as if it was really obvious. I've been wearing mine full time for a month or so now and they are fine (except night distance vision isn't too good, but that's another thread)

BodenGroupie Sat 25-Jul-09 13:25:48

Yes, but took about a month for me too. Also had an awful headache for the first week, but that might have been the expense! Found varifocal sunglasses even harder - several near misses crossing roads blush - now I know why old people just stride out without apparently looking.

SGB - the thought of you needing varifocals doesn't match the image of you I have from some of your other posts wink

verygreenlawn Sat 25-Jul-09 16:02:05

DH has just been prescribed them (today) - Vision Express said he can return them up to six weeks from the date he picks them up, as they can take a while to get used to them. I dread this as I always get headaches just getting new glasses.

SolidGoldBrass Sat 25-Jul-09 18:22:10

Bodengroupie, consider yourself mooned at. I can't help being a bit elderly.
I just keep taking the fecking things off when indoors.

BodenGroupie Sat 25-Jul-09 20:33:26

At least I could see your bum from any distance in my new glasses grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now