Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Does anyone know where I can get an Exergen temporal artery thermometer?

(4 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Fri 24-Jul-09 12:06:59

Need to get a new thermometer, I know ear ones are rather inaccurate, don't fancy sticking things up bottoms and when I was in hospital they had one of these things they wipe across your forehead here which are fab. Found a couple on eBay but only from US sellers & wondered if anyone had bought one in the UK?

TeenyTinyToria Sat 25-Jul-09 03:13:48

You can get Feverscan forehead thermometer strips in Boots for about £3 if that's any use to you.

daizydoo Sat 25-Jul-09 03:57:26

They sell something similar at Lloyds Chemists. Can't give you a link cos the websites down. We bought one and I have to say I'd trust an ear thermometer over this one...

lulalullabye Sat 25-Jul-09 04:07:19

braun ear thermometers have been used in all hospital for a long time, new technology comes along, but it doesn't mean they are any better, just new.

I would buy another braun any day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: