Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tonsilitis.

(6 Posts)
Icanonlytry Fri 24-Jul-09 09:02:20

I have got tonsillitis for the third time this year sad and am in so much pain. it started on Saturday, I went to the doctors on wednesday and was given antibiotics. I usually feel much better after 2 days of taking the antibiotics but today i feel worse, all my neck is swollen and the white spots on my tonsils are worse. I had a small glass of wine and lemonade last night could this have interacted with the antibiotics or do you think i need to go back to the doctors?
Thanks.

dingdong05 Fri 24-Jul-09 22:40:17

I don't think alcohol is the best to have with antibiotics, but I often get it too and always feel better within 24 hours of getting the antibiotics. I would feel well gypped if I still felt shit today!
Go back to the dr, if you can, perhaps a different antibiotic would do it?
Don't know luvvie, just wanted to say I feel for you!
Get well soon.

giraffesCanRunA10k Sat 25-Jul-09 22:44:44

Oh poor you, its horrid.

Littlefish Sat 25-Jul-09 23:05:36

Have you tried gargling with soluble disprin, disolved in warm water?

Ledodgy Sat 25-Jul-09 23:08:03

Are your glands swollen? I only ask because I get tonsilitus all the time too but it usually responds quickly to antbiotics. The only time it didn't was when it turned out to be glandular fever.

Icanonlytry Sun 26-Jul-09 09:49:00

Hi, sorry i didnt get back on yesterday, thanks for all your messages I feel a little bit better today, Have been drinking lots of fruit tea which seems to sooth my throat.
Ledodgy, my glands were really swollen, they were huge and rock hard, they have gone down a bit now though.
I think maybe the wine stopped the antibiotics working as quickly as usual even though i only had a small glass with lemonade, will not be doing that again.
Hopefully it will go completely in time for my holidays on tuesday, fingers crossed its not glandular fever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now