Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cognative behavioural therapy & councilling.

(5 Posts)
thesouthsbelle Fri 24-Jul-09 08:08:12

Any ideas how I do about finding one which is reasonably priced, I've looked at local ones online and i'm looking at £50 per hour which I can't afford.

Due to things that have gone on in my life over the last 12 years or so, I find myself repeating patterns and going for a specific type of person over and over, and tbh want to break the habit completely.

earlier in the year I came off of AD's, was on them for approx 6 months as my doctor felt I needed them (and I as well might add). Have restarted the gym as well, so I'm happy the depression has lifted, but the fundemental problems I feel are still around.

Not sure thou if my doctor would help, or indeed if I could ask for the help, as it took me a lot to ask for AD's - It had got to the stage I was ready to walk away from DS before I changed anything.

thesouthsbelle Fri 24-Jul-09 12:24:06

x

HarlotOTara Fri 24-Jul-09 12:26:29

Look for a counselling charity that does low-cost counselling - Westminster Pastoral Foundation based in London has affiliates around the country - there is a web-site.

thesouthsbelle Fri 24-Jul-09 16:16:30

ok thanks will have a look around later on after i've been to the gym, I need to do something I think. even if it's only to help me get back some confidence & self essteam.

mrsmerryweather Fri 24-Jul-09 21:32:14

Relate have a sliding scale I think if you are low-waged.

Some counsellors will lower their fees as well.

www.bacp.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now