Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Grrr... thrush...

(5 Posts)
TheBolter Thu 23-Jul-09 21:30:14

I get thrush about once a year and usually don't think about it as I find it fairly quick and easy to treat with a pessary. However, this time I took an oral capsule (over 48 hours ago) and it hasn't worked. Live yoghurt has helped relieve, but it still hasn't gone.

I don't want to spend any more money on further over the counter remedies, having already spent £10 on the useless capsule. Will live yoghurt get rid of it? Should I go and see the doctor? How long does it usually last?

Thanks in advance for replies...

yogabird Thu 23-Jul-09 21:36:05

diflucan always works for me, but this may have been what you bought and if not it would still cost you money.

TheBolter Thu 23-Jul-09 21:38:59

Is that a oral capsule? I think our local only has canesten and its own brand stuff. Is it widely available?

delilahbelle Fri 24-Jul-09 09:58:56

Sainsbury's have a special offer on Canestan duo - 20% off at the moment..

ChildOfThe70s Fri 24-Jul-09 10:04:51

Go to the GP, if the tablet hasn't worked it might not be thrush, and if GP says it is then you can get a prescription which will be cheaper than the tablet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now