Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sorry but my GO is absolutely fecking shite ..grrrrrrr

(6 Posts)
mosschops30 Thu 23-Jul-09 13:17:16

Have been off for 2 weeks now as absolutely exhausted and HB dropped to 9.2 even with iron tablets.
So I have been excellent with my diet eating sardines/cabbage/brocolli/dark choc etc and had more blood taken on monday, it has risen to 9.9 in a week.

So I rang to check results and hers how it went;

- Just phoning about my blood results
- silence
- I know my hb is low just wondered about ferratin
- your ferratin wasnt done
- yes it was
- oh yes it was and its 14, ok
- so is that ok
- no it should be 15 or above so you are abormal, or upper end of abnormal anyway
- so is that the iron syores
- silence
- is that the iron stores
- yes
- so where do i go from here
- er take iron
- am taking iron, is it enough
- it should be
- so shall i just carry on with it then
- you could talk to your midwife or hospital consultant
- dont have a consultant am mw led
- talk to your mw then

And that was it!!! Im starting to wonder if it was just some random stranger that rang me angry, she couldnt have been more disinterested if she tried.

Tamarto Thu 23-Jul-09 13:18:27

I thought you rang her?

mosschops30 Thu 23-Jul-09 13:18:54

dear god iron is clearly affecting my ability to type also, meant GP and stores and abnormal grin

mosschops30 Thu 23-Jul-09 13:19:23

I rang and she rang back

ThingOne Thu 23-Jul-09 13:40:46

Sorry you had such an odd call.

I don't know the background but it does take a while to get your HB levels back up. It sounds as if things are going well for two weeks. I think, but I can't quite remember, that it can take 6-8 weeks to stabilise even from something as "high" as 9.2.

mosschops30 Thu 23-Jul-09 15:37:31

Im happy with the hb levels, which can rise at approx 1 per week.

Im just a bit hmm at the general dismissive tone of the conversation and the fact that she directed me to consultant I havent got, or midwife.
This doctor has annoyed me on several occasions mind (taking personal phonecalls during consults) and complaining that shes late when Ive been sat down only 2 minutes hmm

Live and learn eh smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now