Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dh diagnosed with a blind spot - any experience out there?

(8 Posts)
sobernow Sat 21-May-05 20:56:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sobernow Sat 21-May-05 22:21:15

Pruni Sat 21-May-05 22:24:29

Message withdrawn

tamum Sat 21-May-05 22:28:05

I haven't, I'm afraid, just didn't want you to go unanswered. My mother has temporal arteritis which is associated with the arteritic version of what your dh has, but they have quite different prognoses and causes. Have they checked his blood pressure?

sobernow Sat 21-May-05 22:35:26

suedonim Sun 22-May-05 14:02:43

My dh has a blind spot in each eye. They both developed about two years ago and he still has them. I made him see a dr that day, as I was worried about detached retinas but fortunately, it wasn't that. He didn't get such a precise diagnosis as your dh but was given to understand that small blind spots can occur from a tiny bleed which heals itself; also, it's not a dangerous condition and unlikely to happen again.

Twiglett Sun 22-May-05 14:13:48

I don't know anything about the condition sobernow but I have a blind spot since I was pregnant with DS (I had a retinal hemmorhage and when it cleared up it had damaged the eye)

I have a very small spot just to the right of my central vision in one eye - I was seen at Moorfields Eye Hospital and they told me I wouldn't notice it within a decade

TBH I very rarely notice it now - 4 years later - I know its still there if I look for it (ie close left eye and try to read - I can't see ahead a word) - but your eyes do compensate miraculously

I'm sorry for your DH - stuff going wrong with your eyes is horrible and scary - but from what I've read (just now through Google) the prognosis looks pretty good with 40% of cases getting better

sobernow Sun 22-May-05 14:35:55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now