Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

going for smear test in a few days...

(7 Posts)
canttouchthis Wed 22-Jul-09 20:00:37

but I think there's a chance I may be pregnant (slim slim chance, but still it's a chance!) so does that mean I may not be able to let them take a sample when I go?

It's probably a seriously thick question to ask, but just wondering if anyone can help, please? blush

MrsHappy Wed 22-Jul-09 20:03:49

How pregnant?

If you might have just conceived a few days ago I would still have the smear, I reckon.

canttouchthis Wed 22-Jul-09 20:06:58

On CD19 just now, cycle lasts anything from 27-35 days, so I could just be clutching at straws.

I'm definately going in for the smear, have psyched myself up for it now after phoning up to arrange it just the other day.

Thanks, MrsHappy

shonaspurtle Wed 22-Jul-09 20:09:08

I'm TTC too but I'm going for my smear next week. I'll be about 1 week off my period and I'll mention it to the nurse, but I reckon better now than having to wait another 9months if I'm lucky this month smile

Sidge Wed 22-Jul-09 20:10:58

It's fine to have a smear when you are (or might be) pregnant.

It shouldn't affect the result and won't cause any harm to the cervix or embryo if there is one there!

canttouchthis Wed 22-Jul-09 20:14:42

thanks fellow MNetters!

It just got me thinking (trying to be optimistic that this MIGHT be our lucky month!) if I should bring it up at the appointment. But that's great, will definately go ahead with smear test. Want to make sure everything's fine in that department!wink

mrsjammi Wed 22-Jul-09 20:17:39

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now